* *Picture gained from internet.I do not own the rights.
Have you ever come in contact with a woman over the telephone, email, and word of mouth but never in person? Something about her spirit seems to shine through her words or actions or maybe just her presence. You may not know her name, what she looks like, age, race, or marital status but you do know that there is something very special about her. Her authentic self, the essence of her inner beauty, constantly shine through.
Some characteristics of inner beauty are:
· Knows who she is
· Aware of where she’s going
All of these characteristics are great! A woman of inner beauty has a very strong and confident presence, one that makes you take a closer look at yourself and encourage you to be a better version of yourself. We all know women like this. By living as their authentic selves, they inspire us to allow our authentic selves to shine.
How, then, do we cultivate our inner beauty?
Let me share with you some of my favorites. I hope you take these inspiring words and apply those that work for you into your life’s mission.
1. Walk to your own theme song! Find three songs that make you feel fabulous, so when life gets tuff, sing it to yourself or out loud and don’t forget to let your steps walk to the beat!
2. 3 Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— 4 rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. 1 Peter 3:3-4 (New King James Version)
3. Surround yourself with other “beautiful” women and engulfing yourself with the wisdom they share with you.
4. Incorporate positive affirmations and post them next to your mirror so that when you brush your teeth or wash your face you can repeat them out loud to speak life into yourself.
5. Appreciate every bit of you. That means the good, bad, ugly and beautiful parts about you.
God's definition of beauty is the one that's full of true richness and luxury, of "items" we can't buy off racks! To be full of God's beauty we must open our hearts to God's nourishment through study of His Word and prayer, and given time to grow, our true beauty will multiply.
There’s nothing wrong with caring about your outer beauty. There are plenty of sources that can help with that. But when the focus is exclusively on the outer appearance to the exclusion of our inner beauty, we’re left feeling empty. And as our looks change over time, we begin to believe our beauty is fading and we’ll be left with an empty mess.
When we place a higher value on inner beauty than outer beauty, it frees us to seek fulfillment in our lives without always having to be self-conscious about how we look while we’re doing it. So become an inner beauty diva and relax! That way you will have less worry lines
5 Steps you can take:
1. Find out more about yourself: favorite color, music, what traits come from your mom or dad, what do you like about yourself, what do you want to change, what words describe you
2. Change your attitude: try to look at the glass half full instead of half empty
3. Look for beauty in others, look beyond the surface and find something in the person you think is the most unattractive to you. Having the ability to find beauty in others helps you to recognize that hidden beauty in you
4. Find an inner beauty mentor: find your own women we talked about earlier
5. Celebrate you! When we are happy about our self, it shows. Confidence goes a long way when it is not displayed as arrogance. When we are confident in ourselves we give life our best and feel better about our selves. When we experience victory by reaching our goals we set for ourselves, get a boost of esteem to keep going.
I hope this post helps you take a minute to think about how you can enhance your inner beauty!